We are constantly bombarded by the media about how we should look. They make us think that if we do not have a slim body, then we are not attractive people. In fact, many young people have taken their own lives for having too low a self-esteem. Others hide, leading a low-key life.
In the midst of these circumstances there are two types of people, those who pay too much attention to their physique and those who do not care at all what others will say.
Although it is true that both extremes are not entirely recommendable, it is important that we do not detract from our appearance and that we do everything possible to look good, not for others, but to feel good about ourselves.
The problem is usually not related to personal grooming. In general, it is a certain disagreement with the appearance of the body. Perhaps there are some areas that are very flaccid. Maybe you would like to have a flatter and more shaped abdomen or bigger and firmer buttocks. Simply put, it’s about being fit.
Is there any way to be? Does it require being enslaved in the gym or starving yourself on an endless diet? Not necessarily. There are different methods to get fit without having to deprive yourself of the great pleasures of life, such as eating.
If you want to change your life and get a slim body, this is the opportunity you were looking for. Thanks to this article you will know what it takes to look good. You will realize that you do not require surgery or strict diets. In fact, it may be so simple that these habits later become part of your daily life. Pay close attention and get to work.
Instructions to get fit
Some people claim that they are out of shape due to lack of time to exercise. But that statement is not entirely true. If you want to do something, you find a way to do it. Otherwise, they would be mere excuses to lead a sedentary life. You don’t need to go to the gym to have a good body and feel good about yourself.
Squats while brushing your teeth
- While brushing your teeth, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Keep in mind the same with the ankles, knees and hips.
- Lean back as if you were going to sit in a chair, back and down.
- Keep your head forward and lower until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Return your weight to your heels, stay low and return to your starting position.
- If you want to make this exercise more impactful, replace the toothbrush with a much heavier object. For example, a package of rice or a bag of food for your pet.
push-ups while cleaning the floor
- With one leg, take a step forward, landing first on the heel and then the ball of the foot.
- Lower your body until you bend the knee and hip of the leg in front of you. Do this until you can touch the ground with the knee of your back leg, while keeping your torso upright.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg and alternate them back and forth. Another alternative is to do it while holding the grocery bags in each hand.
- In order to add more intensity to the exercise, do the push-ups slowly and stay down longer.
Stand on your toes while doing the dishes
- While you’re standing washing the dinner dishes, place your feet hip-width apart, brace your core, raise your heels, and stand on your toes.
- Stay in that position for a few seconds, then return to your original position. Do 2 sets of this exercise with about 15 repetitions.
- To make the exercise more intense, take it slow and stay up longer. You can also add more weight on your hands. This way you will be able to strengthen the calf muscles while you do the chores around the house.
Build biceps with food packages
- Keeping your elbows close to your body, take a food packet in each hand and bend your elbow until it’s close to your shoulders.
- Hold that position and then lower your arms.
- Repeat these movements over and over, as many times as you like. You can do it standing or sitting, depending on what seems most comfortable to you.
- To increase the difficulty, go slower and add more weight each time.
These are just some of the exercises you can do at home, while you go about your daily chores. You can also do push-ups on the door frame, waist twists with the laundry basket, push-ups with the broom, etc. The important thing is that you don’t lose your routine.
Remember that before starting any type of training, it is essential that you do a previous warm-up, stretching movements to activate yourself and to avoid injuries and sprains.
Also, at the end, you should do relaxation movements so that your muscles release the pressure you have exerted on them.
What do you need to get in shape?
As we have seen before, maintaining an exercise routine can have a very positive effect on our lives and helps us get in shape. However, it is important that you keep in mind that it is not the only thing you have to do to achieve your goals.
Exercise needs to be accompanied by a balanced diet. You must eat well. There are many ways to achieve this, one of them is by reducing your calorie intake, that way you will make your body start burning fat.
You should also cut down on sugar and salt, which means avoiding any sugary drinks like sodas and any foods high in saturated fat. Instead, you can eat fruits and foods rich in omega 3, such as walnuts.
In addition, it is not only important to watch what we eat but also the amounts we eat, so as not to consume more calories than necessary.
Last but not least, you should not forget to drink enough water to stay hydrated and to expel harmful toxins from your body through urine. Now, it is always good to take into account some additional tips in this regard. Let’s see what this is about.
Tips to get in shape
Every minute of exercise you do can make a difference. You may not notice it at first, but if you don’t get discouraged, soon you will begin to see changes and this will have a positive effect on your mood.
Of course, this does not mean that you have to exercise every day. In fact, this could be detrimental because your body needs enough rest. Make a schedule where you rest at least two or three days a week.
You must be clear that getting in shape is not always synonymous with losing weight, unless that is your main goal. The clearer you have your goals, the better you will know how to achieve them and the more satisfied you will be with the results.
For example, losing so many centimeters from the waist, getting into certain clothes of a certain size, etc.
If you find it difficult to be consistent with your training routine, you can invite a friend to join you and play music that raises your spirits and the desire to be active. Naturally, you are not expected to go from sedentary to fitness in a day. You need to know how to pace yourself. Start soft and slow and then increase the intensity.
If you rush and demand too much from your body, you can end up with physical exhaustion and severe muscle pain, which will not motivate you to continue exercising. Which we don’t want to happen.
Be proud of what you have achieved: if you lost weight, your waistline was reduced, if your clothes fit better, if you now have more suitors, etc. This way you will know that everything you have done to get in shape has been worth it.