Swimming is one of the most useful and rewarding activities if we want to improve our physique in a simple and fun way. Swimming is very good for the development of lung capacity, the development of muscle mass, it improves your health and it is also essential if you like to go on a cruise as it could save your life.
Swimming is an activity practiced all over the world, it is usually practiced in both summer pools and indoor pools, but it is also practiced in the sea, in rivers and in swamps, so it always offers a very rewarding experience.
The problem is that not everyone knows how to swim, many have a slight idea but do not perform the styles correctly and therefore go slowly and get tired too quickly, so learning and perfecting the sport of swimming is essential if we want to swim. correctly.
What do you need to learn to swim?
- Your favorite swimsuit, we recommend one that adapts well to your figure and allows you to swim comfortably.
- Swimming cap, if you choose to learn in the pool.
- Towel to dry off after.
Instructions for learning to swim
- Choose a good place:
First of all, choose a good place to learn to swim, we recommend a place such as a heated pool, first because it barely covers, second because there are lifeguards who can assist you in case of an accident, third because it is clean water and safe and fourth because you can look at the example of other swimmers.
- Fear and breathing:
The first thing to do is lose your fear of water, many people, especially adults who have not learned to swim, are afraid of water, so get into the water little by little and lose your fear. Other The important thing is to learn to breathe well, so do inhalation and exhalation exercises by raising and lowering your head under water.
- Start with the easy:
It is impossible to learn styles like croll or butterfly right out of the water, you should start learning simple styles like the breaststroke, in which you imitate the movement of the frog when swimming. If you learn to swim breaststroke you will pick up the concept of coordination of movements and breathing.
- Step by step:
Once you master the breaststroke style, we will move on to the front crawl, it is the most famous and well-known style in the world and one of the fastest, you must first learn to use your feet, you must stand face down, holding on to a wall of the pool lying perpendicular to the water, once you do, you must move your feet up and down as if you were kicking, first one and then the other. Congratulations, you have learned to move your feet.
- Hands and breathing:
The part of the feet is simple, now the hands remain, in a vertical lying face down position, with the face under the water, take one arm out of the water slightly bent and stretch it by touching the bottom with the hand looking downwards, by inserting the hand push the water and repeat the movement, while one arm is coming out the other is going in, now merge with the use of the feet. In order to breathe, you must stick your neck to the opposite side of the arm that is out of the water. When you want to breathe, simply pull your head sideways, breathe and put your head in sync with your body.
Once you know how to swim, you can learn new styles or perfect yourself, we recommend swimming pool improvement courses, there are beautiful swimming styles such as swimming backwards or the butterfly style but they first require knowing how to do the primary styles well.
Tips for learning to swim
- Do not be in a hurry: A frequent mistake is to pretend to swim like a professional with only one day of practice, swimming well may require several days of practice, even months, do not pretend to learn in one day, pay attention to advice and learn from mistakes.
- Consult with the lifeguard: If you have doubts about something, the lifeguard can teach you, go to your pool and ask any questions about it. In addition, in some pools there are tools such as support tables that help to learn to swim.
- If you cannot learn by yourself, you have swimming courses: The swimming courses are taught by professionals, there they will explain to you step by step how you have to do to learn to swim correctly. In addition, there are improvement courses that will teach you advanced styles and to swim with great speed.
- once you learn do not stop: Although swimming does not forget, if we can lose a good technique, even if you have learned to swim you must continue practicing if you do not want to forget what you have learned